The Moral Purpose of Cranbourne South Primary School is to ensure that:
* decisions are based on what is right for the child and their development as whole beings.
* the individual starting point of a child’s growth is valued; they learn at different paces and through varied approaches.
* children’s achievements are celebrated.
* a child’s cultural heritage is acknowledged and respected.
* being a literate and numerate individual is still, and will continue to be, at the cornerstone of our educational priorities.
* relationship building is fostered in the connections we develop between students, with staff, with families and the broader community.
* active participation of parents is seen as an essential part of children’s success at school
* staff exercise high levels of ethical and professional behaviour.
* professional growth is supported; which is vital and continuous.
Cranbourne South Primary School was established on April 23 1956 in a one room building and a total of 27 students. The school’s official opening was conducted on August 24 1956. The first ‘Head Teacher” Mr P.B. Botsman was an energetic man with the support of an equally energetic school committee and mother’s club.
A second classroom was added at the end on 1961 with a third added in 1970. By 1975 the school was extended to six classrooms plus two offices, staffroom, storeroom and attached toilets.
Facilities & Locations
Cranbourne South Primary School has the following facilities:
- Total of 15 classrooms
- Google ICT platform
- Hitachi interactive screens in all classrooms
- Chromeboxes in all classrooms
- Chromebooks, iPads and iPad minis accessible by all students
- A Multi-purpose room
- Library facilities
- Fitness Track complete with fitness stations
- Outdoor basketball and netball courts
- Outdoor chess board
- Welfare Officers
- Before and After School Care Program (Camp Australia)
School Locations Map
Room Locations 2020
Fa Elaine Doughty
Fb Monique Tempone
F/1a Katelyn Watkins
1a Melanie Williams/Ruth Clements
1b Jessica Cook
2a Reagan Ryan
2b Jessica Doolan
3a Kathy Goodwin/Karen Halket
3b Clare Bennett
4a Chris Youl
4b Delvina Waiti
6a Colette Joannidis
6b Pip Atherton
5a Rhianna Hamilton
5b Alicia Papadopoulos
Physical Vibe – Danielle Curtois
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) – Natalia Lopo-Morales and Ruth Clements
Reading Discovery and Literacy support – Kendra Anderson
Student Welfare support – Rachael Mazzaglia & David Kennedy
Educational Support Staff
Meredith de Mar
Hayley Van Roest
Ruby G & Marlie W
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Captains:
Lauren E & Chyler W
Baany – Amber L & Bailey P
Biik – Koby E & James Q
Munmut – Lenny M & Ashley T
Wiiny – Bailey K & Ryder M
Physical Vibe – Mitch P & Bella R
Art – Zoe L & Ebony M
STEAM – Ally P & Diesel R
ICT – Jamie B & Seth H
School Day Structure
Cranbourne South Primary School starts classroom instruction each day at 9 am and concludes at 3.30 pm unless otherwise notified.
Bell times are as follows
9.00 – 10.40
10.40 – 11.10
11.10 – 12.50
12.50 – 1.50
1.50 – 3.30