Project EMPOWER – Capital Works Project
As our community can’t see the progress of the Capital Works during COVID lockdowns, we’re making them available to you here!
A first glimpse of the proposed design of the new school facility (Phase 1) are now available to the community. This facility features:
- Innovative STEAM spaces including kitchen, break out and outdoor learning spaces
- Indoor sensory rooms and outdoor courtyard
- New student bathrooms, including unisex and accessible bathrooms
- First Aid triage space, dedicated first aid room and accessible bathrooms
- Carbon neutral design, including extensive solar power capabilities (budget permitting)
- A welcoming reception and administration area, including offices, collaborative meeting and planning spaces and staff facilities.
This is part of the Capital Works Funding of $5,900,000 announced by the Victorian Government in the 2019-20 state budget.
Project EMPOWER will also include *:
- Resurfacing of the staff car park and kiss and go drive through
- Landscaping and fencing surrounding the new building
- The demolition of the original office/administration building (Block A), including the current Specialist rooms, and the current student toilets. This area will be landscaped as a playspace.
- Upgrades to the HUB, including the Google Studio (budget permitting)
Construction of the new building is due early 2022, with the entire project expected to be finished by June 2022.
*Subject to change
Community Spirit | Partnerships to Success
Cranbourne South Primary School (CSPS) was opened in 1956 and is proud of over 60 years of educating generations of individuals. Through such a rich history, we pride ourselves in providing children with a learning environment which is happy, secure, challenging and encourages cooperation and responsibility.
POSITIVITY: I look on the bright side
PERSISTENCE: I am determined
PRIDE: I stand tall
PASSION: I strive to achieve
Our school endeavours to empower teachers, students and community members to embrace learning, achieve their personal best and strengthen emotional, social and physical wellbeing.
- To provide all students with an education they can be proud of by exhibiting confidence and creativity in this complex and ever changing world.
- To assist students in taking ownership of their learning; to grow into responsible, happy, resilient and socially fulfilled individuals.