Research shows that parent and community involvement in school life and operations is one of the factors most closely associated with improved student learning outcomes.
We are embarking on an Empowerment Project for all students in the school, commencing Term 2.
The aims of the Empowerment project are to:
- implement a shared approach to supporting the health, wellbeing, inclusion and engagement of all students.
- ensure students fully and proudly participate in school life and have a greater say in the decisions that affect their learning and their lives at school.
- strengthen connection and relationships within a local community perspective.
- partner with organisations in the local community to make fuller use of existing community resources and capabilities.
As outlined in the school’s Annual Implementation Plan, we are committed to embed the school rebranding within all facets of school organisation; teaching and learning, community engagement, publicity and promotion and Lively Learning Program.
A significant component of CSPS rebranding is highlighted in the Vision statement; Our school endeavours to empower teachers, students and community members to embrace learning, achieve their personal best and strengthen emotional, social and physical wellbeing.
What do you need to know?
The Empowerment Project will run:
- Terms 2, 3 & 4 – Friday Period 5 & 6 (1.50 – 3.30pm
- Weeks 1 – 4 Junior School. Week 5 Showcase presentation
- Weeks 6 – 9 Senior School. Week 10 Showcase presentation.
How can you help?
If you have a particular skill or interest that you would like to be involved, can you please contact the Principal, Monique Corcoran directly to discuss this further.
Note: Your interest may be for one term, senior school only, all terms… etc. All offers of involvements will be kindly received).
This is a very exciting undertaking at CSPS of which we would like to include as many community members, local business and interested people as possible.