Parent Information Booklet
Everything you need to know about Cranbourne South Primary School is right here:
CSPS is listed as a BARR (Bushfire at Risk Register) school.
Schools at high risk of bushfire are placed on the Department’s Bushfire At-Risk Register. Inclusion on this register is a trigger for the school to pre-emptively close on days declared Code Red in their Bureau of Meteorology district.
Code Red Days
Schools that have been identified as being at high fire risk will close on days determined Code Red by the Emergency Management Commissioner.
Where possible, four to seven days notice of a planned closure will be provided. Parents and carers should expect that in some instances fewer than four days notice may be provided.
Once a Code Red day has been determined by the Emergency Management Commissioner this decision will not change – regardless of any changes in the weather forecast. This will help limit confusion and help your family plan for how your children will be cared for when our school is closed.
When a school is closed due to a Code Red day determination, no staff will remain on site and all out-of-school care programs (including vacation, before and after school programs) will not operate.
Volunteering at Camps and Excursions
This process relates to all events, including:
- Camps – Each year CSPS facilitates two camps per year, generally for 3 days/2 nights.
- Excursions – Each year CSPS facilitates several excursions for all year levels
- In school and off-site sporting activities, including team coaching (e.g. Hoop Time, Lighting Prem, Athletics, Cross Country)
- Read the volunteer role description.
- Become familiar with all related CSPS policies:
- If you would like to volunteer for a particular event/activity, complete the REGISTRATION FORM online.
- A new registration must be completed for each event/activity.
- Some events listed may not require volunteers.
- The number of volunteers required may be subject to change at any time leading up to, and on the day of the event.
- Registrations will be ranked based on:
- Those that have not volunteered before will be considered first.
- Those that have volunteered before will be considered next.
- Applicants not selected may be placed on a waiting list (i.e. when there are more applicants than vacancies).
- Applicants that do not provide the required information may be asked to resubmit or may not be considered.
- In due course, you will be updated with the status of your registration.
- Short-listed applicants may be invited to an interview.
- If successful applicants can no longer attend, applicants on the waiting list may be contacted.
- If you wish to remove your application, notify the school via email email@example.com.
- If there is not enough volunteer interest, event leaders/coordinators may ask parents/carers that have participated in the past to apply.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete an event induction.
Notices & Forms
Required Medical Forms
ASCIA Action Plan Allergic Reactions – Green
ASCIA Action Plan Anaphylaxis EpiPen – Red
Asthma Care Plan For Schools
Excursion And Camp Asthma Action Plan
Victorian School Action Puffer And Spacer
Year 6 Graduation
Camp Australia – Before & After Hours Care
The Outside School Hours Care program at Cranbourne South Primary School provides time for homework, time to relax, educational activities and a healthy snack. Best of all, our program makes time for kids to be kids – to play and explore, share with friends and enjoy these precious school years
For more information, visit Camp Australia’s website.
Where to find PSW:
Hampton Park Store
Unit 2, 10-12 South Link,
Dandenong South, VIC 3175
(Enter the car park off South Link)
Regular Trading Hours
Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm
Sat 10am – 1pm
Order online at www.psw.com.au