Parent Information Booklet
Everything you need to know about Cranbourne South Primary School is right here:
CSPS is listed as a BARR (Bushfire at Risk Register) school.
Schools at high risk of bushfire are placed on the Department’s Bushfire At-Risk Register. Inclusion on this register is a trigger for the school to pre-emptively close on days declared Code Red in their Bureau of Meteorology district.
Code Red Days
Schools that have been identified as being at high fire risk will close on days determined Code Red by the Emergency Management Commissioner.
Where possible, four to seven days notice of a planned closure will be provided. Parents and carers should expect that in some instances fewer than four days notice may be provided.
Once a Code Red day has been determined by the Emergency Management Commissioner this decision will not change – regardless of any changes in the weather forecast. This will help limit confusion and help your family plan for how your children will be cared for when our school is closed.
When a school is closed due to a Code Red day determination, no staff will remain on site and all out-of-school care programs (including vacation, before and after school programs) will not operate.
Volunteering at Camps and Excursions
This process relates to all events, including:
- Camps – Each year CSPS facilitates two camps per year, generally for 3 days/2 nights.
- Excursions – Each year CSPS facilitates several excursions for all year levels
- In school and off-site sporting activities, including team coaching (e.g. Hoop Time, Lighting Prem, Athletics, Cross Country)
- Read the volunteer role description.
- Become familiar with all related CSPS policies:
- If you would like to volunteer for a particular event/activity, complete the REGISTRATION FORM online.
- A new registration must be completed for each event/activity.
- Some events listed may not require volunteers.
- The number of volunteers required may be subject to change at any time leading up to, and on the day of the event.
- Registrations will be ranked based on:
- Those that have not volunteered before will be considered first.
- Those that have volunteered before will be considered next.
- Applicants not selected may be placed on a waiting list (i.e. when there are more applicants than vacancies).
- Applicants that do not provide the required information may be asked to resubmit or may not be considered.
- In due course, you will be updated with the status of your registration.
- Short-listed applicants may be invited to an interview.
- If successful applicants can no longer attend, applicants on the waiting list may be contacted.
- If you wish to remove your application, notify the school via email email@example.com.
- If there is not enough volunteer interest, event leaders/coordinators may ask parents/carers that have participated in the past to apply.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete an event induction.
Camp Australia – Before & After Hours Care
The Outside School Hours Care program at Cranbourne South Primary School provides time for homework, time to relax, educational activities and a healthy snack. Best of all, our program makes time for kids to be kids – to play and explore, share with friends and enjoy these precious school years
Request the information Pack
This is a great way to get started. Because we will be taking care of your child, we need to know if they have any medical conditions, who is authorised to collect them, what government rebates you are eligible for and lots of other things. Rather than starting the process and then looking around for the things you need, request a full information pack and we’ll send it to you instantly via email. The kit includes: Further information about us, our programs, medical and special needs, our staff, food, how to book a session, program contact details and escalation points.
Before you get started with Camp Australia – you must register for an account. Once you have registered you will have access to the Parent Portal – where you can make and cancel bookings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can even manage your account on-the-go, from a mobile phone, iPad or tablet computer.
When completing your enrolment details online, you will indicate what type of booking you need to make. We have two types of bookings:
Permanent Booking: These bookings are made as 1 session or more per week for an entire term. Permanent bookings will automatically carry over until notification of a change is received by our Customer Service Team.
Casual Booking: These bookings can be made right up to the session commencement time. The Casual Booking fee attracts an additional cost on top of the Permanent Fee, as we will need to arrange for additional food, resources and potentially staff.
Cancellations need to be made a minimum of 7 days prior to the scheduled date of attendance at the OSHC Service to avoid incurring the full session fee. We need this notice to make sure we plan the staff rosters accordingly and also to avoid wastage of food.
Cancellations made with less than 7 days notice will incur the full fee of the booked session, and will be deemed as an Allowable Absence. In accordance with Camp Australia policy and in line Government Regulations, a Doctors Certificate will not be accepted as a reason for non-payment of a booked session.
If you do need to cancel your child/children’s attendance for a Service, please let us know – that way we are sure your child is safe. Cancellations need to be made by the Parent or Guardian, not by the child.
Notices & Forms
Arrabri Lodge Camp
Arrabri Lodge – Medical Information
Coal Creek – Yr1 & Yr2
Moonlit Sanctuary – Foundation
Phillip Island Adventure Resort
Phillip Island Adventure Resort – Medical Information