The Moral Purpose of Cranbourne South Primary School is to ensure that:
* decisions are based on what is right for the child and their development as whole beings.
* the individual starting point of a child’s growth is valued; they learn at different paces and through varied approaches.
* children’s achievements are celebrated.
* a child’s cultural heritage is acknowledged and respected.
* being a literate and numerate individual is still, and will continue to be, at the cornerstone of our educational priorities.
* relationship building is fostered in the connections we develop between students, with staff, with families and the broader community.
* active participation of parents is seen as an essential part of children’s success at school
* staff exercise high levels of ethical and professional behaviour.
* professional growth is supported; which is vital and continuous.
Cranbourne South Primary School was established on April 23 1956 in a one room building and a total of 27 students. The school’s official opening was conducted on August 24 1956. The first ‘Head Teacher” Mr P.B. Botsman was an energetic man with the support of an equally energetic school committee and mother’s club.
A second classroom was added at the end on 1961 with a third added in 1970. By 1975 the school was extended to six classrooms plus two offices, staffroom, storeroom and attached toilets.
Facilities & Locations
Cranbourne South Primary School has the following facilities:
- Total of 16 classrooms
- Google ICT platform
- Hitachi interactive screens in all classrooms
- Chromeboxes in all classrooms
- Chromebooks, iPads and iPad minis accessible by all students
- A Multi-purpose room
- Library facilities
- Fitness Track complete with fitness stations
- Outdoor basketball and netball courts
- Outdoor chess board
- Welfare Officers
- Before and After School Care Program (Camp Australia)
School Locations Map
Term 1, 2018
Fa Karen Halket
Fb Jessica Doolan
Fc Emma Slocombe
1a Delvina Waiti
1b Nicola Daniel
1c Reagan Ryan
2a Pip Atheron
2b Bec Gabriel
3a Melanie Williams
3b Elaine Doughty
4a Rhianna Hamilton
4b Greg Booth
5/6a Colette Joannidis
5/6b Liam Gillick
5/6c Katelyn Watkins
5/6d Chris Youl
Artistic Flair – Rachael Richardson (F) and Serina Wells (Year 1 – 6)
Cultural Fusion – Natalia Lopo-Morales
Physical Vibe – Tat Stanleu
Reading Discovery and Literacy support – Kendra Anderson
Additional learning support – Rachael Richardson and Nichola Allen
Student Welfare support – Rachael Mazzaglia and David Owens
Educational Support Staff
Hayley Van Roest
School Day Structure
Cranbourne South Primary School starts classroom instruction each day at 9 am and concludes at 3.30 pm unless otherwise notified.
Bell times are as follows
9.00 – 10.40
10.40 – 11.10
11.10 – 12.50
12.50 – 1.50
1.50 – 3.30