The Moral Purpose of Cranbourne South Primary School is to ensure that:
* decisions are based on what is right for the child and their development as whole beings.
* the individual starting point of a child’s growth is valued; they learn at different paces and through varied approaches.
* children’s achievements are celebrated.
* a child’s cultural heritage is acknowledged and respected.
* being a literate and numerate individual is still, and will continue to be, at the cornerstone of our educational priorities.
* relationship building is fostered in the connections we develop between students, with staff, with families and the broader community.
* active participation of parents is seen as an essential part of children’s success at school
* staff exercise high levels of ethical and professional behaviour.
* professional growth is supported; which is vital and continuous.
Cranbourne South Primary School was established on April 23 1956 in a one room building and a total of 27 students. The school’s official opening was conducted on August 24 1956. The first ‘Head Teacher” Mr P.B. Botsman was an energetic man with the support of an equally energetic school committee and mother’s club.
A second classroom was added at the end on 1961 with a third added in 1970. By 1975 the school was extended to six classrooms plus two offices, staffroom, storeroom and attached toilets.
Facilities & Locations
Cranbourne South Primary School has the following facilities:
- Total of 15 classrooms
- Google ICT platform
- Interactive White boards in all classrooms
- Chromeboxes in all classrooms
- Chromebooks, iPads and iPad minis accessible by all students
- A Multi-purpose room
- Library facilities
- Fitness Track complete with fitness stations
- Outdoor basketball and netball courts
- Outdoor chess board
- Welfare Officers
- Before and After School Care Program (Camp Australia)
School Locations Map
Week 4, Term 4, 2017 onwards – Room locations
Term 1, 2017
Fa Karen Halket
Fb Emma Slocombe
1a Rachael Richardson (04) and Nicola Daniel (0.6)
1b Libby van der Steen
2a Melanie Williams
2b Jennifer Maguire
3a Lisa Love
3b Kathy Goodwin
4a Rhianna Hamilton
4b Kathleen Mcdonald
4c Rob Smart
5a Jessica Doolan
5b Chris Youl
6a Colette Joannidis
6b Liam Gillick
Artistic Flair – Anna Hennessy
Cultural Fusion – Natalia Lopo-Morales
Physical Vibe – Greg Booth
Reading Discovery and Literacy support – Kendra Anderson
Student Welfare support
Educational Support Staff
School Day Structure
Cranbourne South Primary School starts classroom instruction each day at 9 am and concludes at 3.30 pm unless otherwise notified.
Bell times are as follows
9.00 – 10.40
10.40 – 11.10
11.10 – 12.50
12.50 – 1.50
1.50 – 3.30