CAMPS, SPORTS & EXCURSIONS FUND CSEF application 2017 is opened. CSEF will be provided by the Victorian Government to assist eligible families to cover costs of school trips, camps and sporting activities. If you hold a valid means-tested concession card or are a temporary foster parent, you may be eligible for CSEF. The allowance is paid to the school to use towards expenses relating to camps, excursions or sporting activites for the benefit of your child/children. The annual CSEF amount per student is $125.00 for primary school studens and $225.00 for secondary school students.
Please contact the school office to obtain a CSEF application form or download from www.education.vic.goc.au/csef.
Could application forms be submitted to the office by Friday, 24 February 2017.
Criteria 1 – Eligibility
To be eligible* for the fund, a parent or legal guardian of a student attending a registered Government or non-government Victorian primary or secondary school must:
- on the first day of Term one, or;
- on the first day of Term two;
- Be an eligible beneficiary within the meaning of the State Concessions Act 2004, that is, be a holder of Veterans Affairs Gold Card or be an eligible Centrelink Health Care Card (HCC) or Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holder, OR
- Be a temporary foster parent, and;
- Submit an application to the school by the due date.
* A special consideration eligibility category also exists. For more information, see: www.education.vic.gov.au/csef
Parents who receive a Carer Allowance on behalf of a child, or any other benefit or allowance not income tested by Centrelink, are not eligible for the CSEF unless they also comply with one of (a) or (b) above.
Criteria 2 – Be of school age and attend school in Victoria
School is compulsory for all Victorian children aged between six and 17 years of age inclusive.
For the purposes of CSEF, students may be eligible for assistance if they attend a Victorian registered primary or secondary school. Typically, these students are aged between five and 18 years inclusive. CSEF is not payable to students attending pre-school, kindergarten, home schooled, or TAFE.
For concession card holders CSEF eligibility will be subject to the parent/legal guardian’s concession card being successfully validated with Centrelink on the first day of either term one (30 January 2017) or term two (18 April 2017).